Monday, December 31, 2007

When Trouble Finds My girl

I guess there are plenty of motivations, reasons, and inclinations that go into being a Dom, and I am certain these things shape the ways someone shows dominance. If I think about My own Domself and try to pull it apart and figure out the "whys" and "hows", well it just kinda gives Me a headache.

... Ok a took a few aspirin. So let me take a shot at this. First and foremost I see Myself as a protector. In a perfect world, I could absolutely keep her safe from all harm at all times. In a perfect world I would also have 1 bazzilion dollars, perfect health, be a little taller, have a little more hair and live in Bali. So I am forced to recognize there are probably going to be times I cant protect My girl. That just pisses Me off to no end but there it is. Just because I cant protect her from everything doesnt mean I dont want to protect her from everything. When I see harm come to My girl of any kind, I do feel like I failed her and work My best to ameliorate her suffering.

So I think part of being a good protector is not just preventing harm but also doing My best to ease the harm that occurs. I believe My girl has every right to expect Me to protect her from all harm but I also know she will have to occasionally be forced to accept My comfort instead.

Ouch, the headache is back! more on "whys" and "hows" later.

No comments: