Thursday, December 20, 2007

Rules and Punishment

Rules rules rules... As a Dom in a 24/7 D/s relationship, I consider rules to be absolutely vital. Rules act as a constant reminder of submission when followed. What I mean by this is that in a 24/7, following My rules is how we both are forced to think about her submission to Me. Rules prevent us both from slipping down the slippery vanilla slope. Rules also act as D/s pop quizzes. I am a big fan of testing My girls submission regularly, and obeying My rules without exception or error is the most basic of these tests. Rules modify behavior. I have things I like and things I find appealing. I know My girl wants to please Me and she should know the easiest and surest way to please Me is to simply follow My rules.
One more note on rules briefly. Some are directly sexual and some not so much. Examples.. no orgasm until given permission vs never walk in front of Me. Although the former seems completely sexual and the latter doesnt seem sexual at all, I consider them the same. All rules are about obedience and submission , thats the only context that matters to Me. I dont distinguish "types" of rules.

Punishment, punishment, punishment. What good are rules that arent followed or enforced? I know the worst punishment for My girl is the knowledge of My displeasure, so I am big on lectures and warnings. The voicing of My displeasure with the reinforcement of reasoning (or the threat of a belting when I am not in the mood to reason), is usually all the punishment needed for My girl. Sometimes I will belt as punishment. I do this for 2 reasons. 1. If I dont occasionally follow thru with a threat then the threat becomes meaningless and ineffective. and 2. Hyde kinda digs it.
If I feel the need to punish beyond what I have already stated then I want the punishment to be a lesson of sorts. I want her to learn from the punishment so that the infraction is not commited again.

No comments: